Yes, it is that time again – Resolution time. Truthfully, I hold with the Non-Resolution style of ringing in the New Year. That being said, there is always something of value to be learned from history – ones own adventures and, well, misadventures.
Thus this year, I decided to scour the Sweet Spot Archives of 2012 in search of some well earned Resolutions for 2013.
I think I found some pretty powerful nuggets of advice for the New Year…
1. I will be sure to check my pants zipper (Life, the Ego-Sucking Siege) before entering any and all public establishments.
2. I will struggle on in my war against electronics (I Am Woman – Ode to Chris the Caveman) in the never ending battle for influence over my kids’ brain.
5. I swear never to utter the chant “Party at home plate” at my kids’ baseball games (Take Us To Warp Speed, Scotty), or do any of those other things that would qualify me for “bulldog” status as a Sports Mom (Bulldogs Don’t Wear Lipstick).
6. I promise, for Teen and Pre-Teen’s sake, to work in the words “Balls” (Word-Up: We’ve Got Big Balls) and “Weenus” (Word-Up: Show Me Your Weenus) into every conversation where possible but not necessarily appropriate.
7. In true Mid-West fashion, I promise to generously give the “no problem” wave, the “thanks for not honking at me even though I deserve it” wave, and possibly throw in the “I’m cool” head wave. (You Deserve the Wave Today).
9. I will try to make someones day as often as possible simply by donning a pen and piece of rainbow stationary. (Go Ahead, Make My Day).
10. I will be sure to have plenty of stockings/pantyhose and pet hair removal devices on hand for whatever occasion may arise. (Bag Lady Goes a Job Hunting).
11. I will try to never, ever forget how good it feels to laugh (Destroy This Note After Reading).
And lastly, two lessons – clearly resolution worthy – from some recent experiences:
I will try to not take as a personal commentary the worker-monogrammed cups received at Starbucks:
And, I will remember to pee prior to attending a D-Box movie.
Happy New Year from Looking for the Sweet Spot.
Go get ’em!