This week has truly been a Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for me!
I woke up Wednesday morning at 7 am to a full-to-the-brim email file of comments, likes & follows and already over 1000 visits for the day to Looking for the Sweet Spot. Now, for some of you, this may be par for the course, but for this humble blogger, it was quite the event. I quickly came to discover that my post You Deserve The Wave Today had been chosen to be “Freshly Pressed” on WordPress.com and I was now enjoying the fruits of that honor. By days end, visits to my site had climbed to almost 6,000 visits from readers all over the world (continuing today!) and the amount of comments, likes, and reblogs were overwhelming in a Christmas comes everyday kind of way!
So, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who came, read, and gave some love to my Sweet Spot place. It has meant more to me than you can know.
But wait!! There’s more.
Because what did I wake up to today but a presentation of the Sunshine Blogger Award from my favorite Jman blogger and truly wonderful supporter – TheFadderly. If you haven’t visited his blog – well get on it! Not only is he hilariously funny & clever, he is also an amazing artist, contributing writer for ParentSociety.com and Dad to 4 kids (yeah, he will be applying for Sainthood shortly).
As I understand the rules, I am to answer the following 10 questions and then pass the torch by awarding the Sunshine Blogger Award to another blogger. Well, first things first…stuff about me!
1. Favorite Color: Blue! All things blue – blue sky, blue ocean, blue jeans, especially blue jeans!
2. Favorite Animal: Cats. I have to say this or else Lulubelle (my cat) will reek vengeance upon me. Anyway, at one time I was payed bucu bucks to pretend I was a CAT – so there!
3. Favorite Number: Number 2…no, Number 6…no, Number 26. Forget it, I never was very good with numbers!
4. Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: That’s easy – COFFEE! I once said in a blog I could live without a second cup of coffee. I now confess, lies…it was all lies!
5. Facebook or Twitter?: Well, Facebook is my comfort zone. On Twitter I have made many amazing friends, but I always feel like I’m in High school and can’t quite compete with the cool kids!
6. My Passion: Humor. I am passionate about finding humor in all things. Maybe, you have noticed?
7. Getting or Giving: I love to get the presents I give myself. Just kidding (sort of). Seriously, if money was no object, giving would become a truly intoxicating affair!
8. Favorite Pattern: The pattern the clouds make in the sky never fail to fascinate me – consequently, be warned, it can be hazardous to your survival to drive too close to me on the freeway. And, can I just add, I have a lifelong dislike for polka dots.
9. Favorite Day: My favorite day is any day I get to hop on a plane and go somewhere!
10. Favorite Flower: Listen, no flower or plant wants to be within a 12 mile radius of me as I kill all things green! So, can I just do like TheFadderly and tell you that my favorite album of all time – hands down – is Temple of the Dog.
Alright – now it is time to pass the torch!
I would like to present The Sunshine Blogger Award to Elisabeth Hirsch, ECStilson – The Crazy Life of a Writing Mom. Not only is she beautiful inside and out, she is also wildly funny, a talented musician and most of all, a truly gifted writer! She is just coming out with her third book, Bible Girl. She blogs about her books, her life and everything in between. If you haven’t discovered her yet, what are you waiting for!! Go now!
What in the wild world of sports will I wake up to tomorrow? Breakfast in bed? Laundry done, folded and put away?
Aaah, dare to dream!